Research Room Access
Notice of Restricted Research Room Opening Hours
- Our Research Room is open, by appointment, to researchers who are registered as a Reader with the Archives.
- To apply to register as a Reader, a researcher must print, complete, and return the Reader Application Form at least 1 or more weeks in advance (a scan /photo of the Form may also be emailed in advance in order to obtain an appointment, provided the original Form is brought at first appointment)
- Readers must read and agree to the Rules and Conditions of access.
- Original current identification, plus official proof of address, must be supplied on first arrival in order to complete the registration process.
- Written proof of research purpose, such as an academic referral, may be required.
- There is no charge to register.
Opening Hours (by appointment)
- Appointments are available only to researchers who are Registered, or who have applied to Register, as a Reader with the Archives - see above.
- Appointments are not valid until confirmed by the Archives.
- Appointments must be requested well in advance please.
- A document/item may be pre-ordered in advance of the appointment, provided the collection and document/item reference number is given (these are listed in the descriptive lists and online catalogue).
- The permission of the Archivist is required prior to copies being made and a copyright declaration form must also be completed
- Self service photography may be allowed on request to copy limited portions of certain documents only for the purpose of private research and study.
- Some collections have access and copying restrictions.
- Power sockets for laptop/tablet computers
- Photocopying/scanning service
- Lockers for personal articles
- CCTV is in operation