Skip to main content

Cork Harbour Commissioners (Port of Cork)

Cork Harbour Commissioners was established in 1814 and was responsible for the governance and management of the navigation and port facilities of the city and harbour. In 1904, the Harbour Commissioners moved into the Custom House on Custom House Quay, Cork. Under the provisions of the Harbours Act of 1996, in March 1997 all assets of the Commissioners were transferred to the Port of Cork Company, the new statutory authority responsible for the management, control, operation and development of the Port of Cork. 

The archive of CHC / Port of Cork up to the 1980s was donated in 2013 and 2015. 

For details of the listed and available records of Cork Harbour Commissioners see the entry in our online catalogue (use hierarchy browser). 

Cork Harbour Commissioners (Port of Cork) Shipping Register 1921
Cork Harbour Commissioners (Port of Cork) Shipping Register 1921